Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Gone Fishing

I played no poker over the holiday weekend. I actually did go fishing in the mountains with my dad. Great times.

This morning I decided to warm up with a little ring game action. I was slowly building up my starting buy-in when I got in over my head in one hand. I saw the 4-way flop for cheap with 45os. The flop came and gave me a gutshot straight draw with a T62. One guy bets out and I call, but the other guys all fold, so it is heads up. The turn comes down with an 8, and now I have a double belly gutshot (I could hit either a 7 or a 3). Same guy bets out and I re-raise him minimum. He thinks and calls. Well, the river blanks with an Ace and I am left with the worst hand possible. My opponent checks and I decide to try to buy the pot. I bet half the pot and he thinks a long time and finally calls with pocket queens.

So, I work hard for another half an hour to make back my loss at a tight table. I finally go up a few BBs and then decide to call it a morning and get ready for work.

No comments: